SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, Aug. 15, 2011
Baird, an international, employee-owned wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm, announced today that it has added eight wealth management professionals, including five Financial Advisors, to its new Salt Lake City office. The five advisors, all formerly of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, collectively have more than 65 years of industry experience and oversee more than $250 million in client assets. The new office located at 222 South Main, Suite 1840, now includes a total of ten wealth management professionals.
The eight professionals joining Baird are:
• Fred Wheeler, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor
• Jan Bayle, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor
• Alex Wheeler, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor
• Barbara Campbell, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor
• Jery Mariani, Vice President, Financial Advisor
• Melissa Clayville, Registered Client Relationship Specialist
• Christie Siddoway, Registered Client Relationship Associate
• Scott Ulbrich, Financial Advisor Associate
Wheeler, Wheeler, Bayle and Siddoway will work together as The Wheeler Bayle Group. Fred Wheeler and Bayle began working together more than 30 years ago at Foster & Marshall, a legacy Morgan Stanley Smith Barney firm, and along with Alex Wheeler formed The Wheeler Bayle Group in 2000. Campbell, Mariani and Clayville will work together as The PMC Group, which Campbell and Mariani founded in 2001 at Smith Barney.
Ulbrich, who was formerly President of Moreton Financial Solutions, LLC and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of First Security Van Kasper, begins Baird’s financial advisor training program in September and intends to join the PMC Group as a Financial Advisor at the end of the year.
“We are very pleased to welcome these wealth management professionals to Baird and actively begin serving high net worth families and individuals in the Salt Lake City region,” said Cottle. “These advisors are seasoned industry veterans with tremendous track records of success, and we are delighted they have chosen to continue their careers at Baird.”
Baird continues to grow in Utah and around the rest of the country. In March, the firm added Dean Cottle, Salt Lake City Branch Manager, and Terry Sommerdyke, Administrative Office Manager, and announced plans to open a wealth management office in the region.
Baird’s Private Wealth Management business continues to grow around the country:
• Baird has added more than 200 Financial Advisors and Branch Managers to its Private Wealth Management group since the beginning of 2009, the vast majority of whom are industry veterans.
• Since the beginning of 2009, Baird has opened or announced plans to open wealth management offices in several new markets. New office locations include Sioux City, Iowa, Fort Worth, Texas, Charleston, S.C., Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Denver, Sacramento, Calif., Lynchburg, Va., Raleigh, N.C. and Portland, Ore.
About Baird Private Wealth Management
Using a consultative approach, Baird’s more than 680 Financial Advisors deliver comprehensive wealth management solutions to clients nationwide. They have the resources to oversee the complete financial picture for high-net-worth families and individuals with complex financial needs. Baird Financial Advisors managed and oversaw more than $66 billion in client assets as of March 31, 2011.
Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than 2,600 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients. Baird oversees and manages client assets of nearly $84 billion. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked number 14 on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2011 – its eighth consecutive year on the list. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s Web site at rwbaird.com.