Baird Tax Information Download and Data Import Terms and Condition
Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated ("Baird") is providing to its clients ("you") the ability to download certain tax information related to your Baird accounts ("Tax Information"). By accessing your Tax Information in this manner, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth herein (the "Agreement"). These terms and conditions are subject to change by Baird at any time at Baird's discretion and such changes will be effective upon posting of updated terms and conditions by Baird.
- Tax Information. Baird, or a third-party service provider selected by Baird, will provide you the ability to electronically access your Tax Information via your computer or other electronic device and to download the Tax Information in a .CSV file, directly import such Tax Information into TurboTax® and/or TurboTax® Online, or otherwise provide such Tax Information in an electronic format (the “Service”).1 Provision of the Tax Information is for information purposes only. Baird does not warrant the completeness, timeliness, or accuracy of Tax Information provided pursuant to the Service. Baird may suspend, cancel, or change its provision of the Service at any time without notice to you.
- Your Official Baird Statement. You should carefully review all Tax Information you download using the Service against the printed Baird Tax Statement (such Statement will be provided either as a printed hard copy or an electronic PDF document) that Baird provides to you (the "Official Baird Tax Statement"). Please note that not all information from the Official Baird Tax Statement may be supported by the Service. Some information from the Official Baird Tax Statement may not be present in the downloadable Tax Information. You, or your tax advisor, may need to manually enter such missing information into the tax accounting software system you, or your tax advisor, are using. Any Tax Information provided through the Service shall not be deemed to supersede or replace your Official Baird Tax Statement, or any corrected Official Baird Tax Statement. The contents of the Official Baird Tax Statement, or any corrected Official Baird Tax Statement, reflect the information Baird provides to the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”). Per IRS regulations, if you are required to file a return, a penalty or sanction may be imposed on you if any income reflected on the Official Baird Tax Statement is taxable and the IRS determines that it has not been properly included in your filed tax returns. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of your tax returns. Baird is not liable for your reliance upon or use of the Service or the Tax Information provided through such Service.
- No Tax Advice. Baird does not provide tax advice. It is important that you consult a professional tax advisor, the IRS, or the state(s) to which you report regarding your individual tax situation. If you have specific questions regarding the preparation of your tax return, you should contact your tax advisor.
- Links to Other Websites. Links included on Baird Online (the "Site") that link to any non-Baird website are provided solely for informational purposes. Baird has no control over the content of such non-Baird websites. Baird makes no warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of such non-Baird websites, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability thereof for any particular purpose, nor does Baird warrant that such non-Baird websites are free from any claims of copyright, trademark or other infringement of the rights of third parties or that such site or content is devoid of viruses or other contamination. Links to non-Baird websites do not imply Baird's endorsement of, or responsibility for, the content of such websites.
- Access to the Service. You are solely responsible for the hardware, software or other technology needed for you to access the Site. Access to the Site and the Service may, from time-to-time, be unavailable, delayed, limited or slowed due to, among other things:
- Hardware failure, including among other things failures of computers (including your own computer), servers, networks, telecommunication lines and connections, and other electronic and mechanical equipment
- Software failure, including among other things, bugs, errors, viruses, configuration problems, incompatibility of systems, utilities or applications, the operation of firewalls or screening programs, unreadable codes, or irregularities within particular documents or other content
- Overload of system capacities
- Damage caused by severe weather, earthquakes, wars, insurrection, riots, civil commotion, act of God, accident, fire, water damage, explosion, mechanical breakdown or natural disasters
- Interruption (whether partial or total) of power supplies or other utility of service
- Strike or other stoppage (whether partial or total) of labor
- Governmental or regulatory restrictions, exchange rulings, court or tribunal orders or other human intervention
- Any other cause (whether similar or dissimilar to any of the foregoing) whatsoever beyond the control of Baird
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF HUMAN AND MECHANICAL ERROR AS WELL AS OTHER FACTORS, THE SITE (INCLUDING THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE) IS PROVIDED "AS IS." BAIRD IS NOT PROVIDING ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE SITE. BAIRD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THE SITE AND THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, BAIRD WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY, DIFFICULTY IN USE, INACCURACY OF INFORMATION, COMPUTER VIRUSES, MALICIOUS CODE OR OTHER DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE SERVICE, OR FOR THE INCOMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE SITE AND THE USER'S BROWSER OR OTHER WEBSITE.
BAIRD DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE TAX INFORMATION AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THE SERVICE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE MATERIALS AND TAX INFORMATION. NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS LIMITING OR REDUCING BAIRD'S RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS TO CLIENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BAIRD BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITY OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER BAIRD HAS BEEN APPRISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
1TurboTax® and TurboTax® Online are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. Intuit Inc. is not affiliated with Baird and Intuit, Inc. is solely responsible for the information provided by Intuit Inc. for users of TurboTax® software. Baird makes no representations or warranties with respect to, cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of information and other content supplied by Intuit Inc. or the results obtained from use of Intuit Inc. products such as TurboTax® and TurboTax ® Online.