Baird Awards Purcell “Kids Win!” Grants to Eleven Nonprofits
Grants celebrate Purcell’s legacy and commitment to education
MILWAUKEE, June 27, 2023 – Baird announced today that eleven nonprofits located in Chicago, Minneapolis, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Denver and Pittsburgh were the recipients of the 2023 Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grants totaling more than $970,000. Funded by Baird, Baird Foundation and Baird associates, the international, employee-owned financial services firm established the Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grant to honor former Chairman & CEO Paul Purcell, who passed away in February 2020.
Paul was deeply committed to so many educational causes and strongly believed that everyone deserves access to a quality education, and we are honored to uphold his legacy by awarding these grants in his memory, These deserving organizations are making a tremendous impact in their communities, and we are proud to support their efforts in supporting kids’ education and ensuring that the kids win.Steve Booth, Baird Chairman & CEO
2023 Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grant Recipients:
- Big Shoulders Fund: Chicago-based Big Shoulders Fund will use its grant to launch its Teach from Within program, which will support future teachers interested in serving their home communities.
- City Year Milwaukee: Milwaukee-based City Year will use its grant to provide full-time AmeriCorps members as tutors and mentors for students at Carver Academy, a Milwaukee Public School.
- COA Youth & Family Centers: COA Youth & Family Centers will use its grant to support its College and Career Readiness Program to accelerate youth academic achievement and personal development in Milwaukee.
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School – Twin Cities: Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in the Twin Cities will use its grant to support professional development for all students through the school’s Corporate Work Study Program.
- Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy: Dr. Howard Fuller Collegiate Academy in Milwaukee will use its grant to help fund the construction of a new state-of-the-art high school facility.
- Freedom School Partners: Charlotte-based Freedom School Partners will use its grant to support its summer learning site for K-8th grade scholars, helping students build literacy and social-emotional skills.
- Minds Matter Colorado: Denver-based Minds Matter Colorado will use its grant to support their College Access Mentoring Program, providing mentorship, college readiness and admissions preparation, and 100% financial assistance at six different colleges for mentees.
- Nazareth Prep: Pittsburgh-based Nazareth Prep will use its grant to support their high school internship program, where students receive mentorship from leaders at top organizations in the region.
- Joan Antida High School: St. Joan Antida High School in Milwaukee will use its grant to provide career exploration services for limited-income young women through its Career Pathways Program.
- The Pittsburgh Promise Foundation: The Pittsburgh Promise Foundation will use its grant to support post-secondary planning and career assistance to students in three historically underserved high schools in Pittsburgh.
- United Community Center: Milwaukee-based United Community Center will use its grant to enhance its after-school programming, parental involvement programs and math curriculum for underserved students.
To learn more about these organizations and how the grants will support children’s education, please visit: https://www.rwbaird.com/kidswin/.
For more information about the Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grant and criteria, please visit https://www.rwbaird.com/kidswin/about-the-grant/.
Baird’s commitment to the community
Baird has a long tradition of giving back to the community and the dedication to making a positive contribution is integral to the firm’s culture and The Baird Way. Baird Foundation supports nonprofit organizations aligned with its focus on health and human services, education, the arts, and diversity, which share Baird’s strong commitment to equality and opportunity for all. In 2022, Baird Foundation contributed more than $5.4 million to qualified nonprofits, including more than $3 million to match our associates’ charitable donations. Through the Baird Cares program, associates receive two paid days off each year to volunteer for the charity of their choice. Associates also organize an annual Baird Gives Back event during which associates, family members and friends volunteer in more than 100 Baird locations worldwide.
Putting clients first since 1919, Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, asset management, investment banking/capital markets, and private equity firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Baird has more than 5,000 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients and approximately $376 billion in client assets as of December 31, 2022. Committed to being a great workplace, Baird ranked No. 23 on the 2023 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list – its 20th consecutive year on the list. Baird is the marketing name of Baird Financial Group. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated and Baird Trust Company in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s investment banking and private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s website at www.rwbaird.com.
For additional information, contact:
Baird Public Relations