I strongly believe that our greatest asset is our people. Our central resource teams provide our banking teams with the tools and support necessary to best serve our clients.Brian Brewer, Director of Public Finance
Municipal Bonds Underwriter
Guidance and encouragement from Baird expert underwriters and traders have helped me grow in my career.
The people are what make the Public Finance group so successful. It takes a village to do what we do, and every single person is willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
Senior Vice President
We’re all one team here. I can pick up the phone and bounce an idea off anyone at the firm.
Focusing on the best interests of our clients is a more ethical and satisfying way to do business.
I'm continually encouraged to keep learning, keep being challenged and keep growing my skills.
Public Finance Banker
Baird's commitment to building up my business plus the employee-owned culture convinced me to make the move.
No. 1 Ranked Underwriting Desk, Nationally
We have earned the No. 1 ranking among senior managing underwriting firms nationally based on number of issues collectively since 2009, according to Ipreo MuniAnalytics.
- Broad market knowledge,
- Efficiencies and ability to transact all financing types,
- Experience in structuring issues of various sectors and regions,
- Real-time market access,
- Depth and sophistication of our resources,
- Willingness and ability to use our capital to support our municipal clients, and
- Our diverse retail and institutional distribution capabilities.
Value as Municipal Advisor
One of the unique benefits of working with Baird is our independent underwriting desk. The financial structuring and pricing of a bond issue benefits significantly when leveraging a municipal advisor with an active market presence.
- Equipped to execute a bond sale from start to finish,
- Continuously monitors and weighs marketing conditions,
- Evaluates all factors contributing to the bond structure,
- Assists with rating agency coordination,
- Full access to Baird’s trading and underwriting platform,
- Ability to identify when to enter the market.
In-House Fixed Income Resources
In-house fixed income professionals offering support in the following areas:
- Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Human Resources
- Legal and Risk Management
Quantitative Resource Group (QRG)
Our firm maintains a national team dedicated to advanced quantitative analytics, preparing tailored financing programs for our clients. The QRG is responsible for preparing for, and pricing all our negotiated bond offerings, monitoring the municipal bond issues in the market, and exploring new financing tools and opportunities while collaborating on market trends and new ideas that may be applicable in their assigned markets.
Emerging Professionals Group
The group was created to provide emerging professionals with a platform for educational opportunities that support career and personal development and encourage departmental collaboration. Additionally, this group has grown to serve as a network of Public Finance professionals to foster interoffice collaboration.