Fixed Income Sales & Trading
Baird’s team of specialized professionals researches, sells and trades a full range of fixed income securities for institutional investors. Baird has strategically grown our fixed income business, expanding our product expertise and services and broadening our reach in both the United States and the U.K. to better fit the needs of our clients and institutional investors.
Discover the Baird Difference
Why are more and more institutions turning to Baird Fixed Income? Because we built our business around the services and expertise you need most:
- Objective, high-quality bond research and ideas that are tailored to your unique needs
- A comprehensive platform covering all major fixed income products
- Specialized services like loan evaluation and securitized product analysis that are hard to find anywhere else
Most of all, institutions turn to Baird because we pride ourselves on doing business the right way – with transparency, partnership and a genuine interest in seeing you succeed. That’s how Baird has been doing fixed income business for more than 100 years.
Our seasoned Fixed Income Sales & Trading team delivers precise trade execution, timely analysis and unique ideas from a team of tenured product specialists in the areas of corporate credit (high-yield/distressed and investment grade), government and agency, municipal and securitized products.
- Averaged $1.4 billion in monthly trading volume in 2022
- 25+ professionals joining since 2013
- Operating a unique “riskless principal execution” model that fulfills agent-only buy and sell orders rather than taking on positions
- Model allows us to prioritize clients over inventory
- Averaged $2.3 billion in monthly trading volume in 2022
- Trading coverage of all investment grade sectors
- Complementary industry-recognized research from Baird Equity research and Strategas
- Providing liquidity to facilitate client transactions
Government and Agencies
- Averaged $2.8 billion in monthly trading volume in 2022
- Authorized to underwrite all major agencies
- A strategy and analysis team providing customized portfolio review and regular commentary
- Ranked the 1 municipal underwriter nationally collectively since 2009 based on number of issues, senior managing approximately 950 deals on average since 20181
- Municipal analysts providing customized portfolio review and regular commentary
- Long-standing history of commitment capital
- Complemented by a national public finance team that has diverse sector expertise and serves issuers across the country
- Averaged $8.5 billion in monthly trading volume in 2022, including $640 million in whole loan trading
- A strategy and portfolio analytics team providing customized portfolio review and regular market commentary
- Filling the liquidity void, efficiently deploying capital in the securitized products sector
- Industry-recognized traders joining Baird since 2017, enhancing Baird’s expertise and capabilities across products
- Products include: Asset-Backed Securities, Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities, Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities, Collateralized Loan & Debt Obligations, Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates, Whole Loan & Financing, Agency Pass-Throughs - Specified Pools, Agency CMOs & Derivatives, Agency Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities
Our Leadership Team
With how much the market has changed and continues to change, it’s essential to have steady leadership that’s focused on the long term. Our executive team in Fixed Income Capital Markets has built their careers fostering transparency, teamwork and consistency.Meet The Team
News & Insights
Baird’s veteran Sales & Trading team provides a broad range of fixed income solutions and insight to public, private and institutional clients.Read More
Baird is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). An investor brochure is posted on the MSRB’s website (www.msrb.org) describing the protections that may be provided by MSRB rules and how to file a complaint with an appropriate regulatory authority.
Learn more about what "WE is Greater Than I" means at Baird.
Build Your Career
Baird Fixed Income & Public Finance are core businesses within the firm. With offices coast to coast, we are focused on expanding our product expertise, services and reach throughout the country. But careers are really about people: Our clients and our associates. We ensure success by taking good care of both.Explore Your Opportunities