At Baird we believe a firm’s financial strength is best measured by their resilience and ability to serve clients in challenging times. Since our founding in 1919, Baird’s resilience has enabled us to guide our clients and our firm successfully through unprecedented periods of uncertainty. Today the pillars of Baird’s strength include our strategically balanced business platform, our remarkable people and the culture of employee ownership that enables us to keep our clients first – always – while giving each of us a shared personal stake in your financial success and security.
Baird's global equities platform was again recognized in Coalition Greenwich's 2022 Small-/Mid-Cap Survey as a leading firm for sales, corporate access, research and trading. We have maintained top rankings for 19 consecutive years.2
Five complementary businesses balance our sources of revenue and broaden our capabilities for clients, enabling us to continue to invest across our businesses.
While many financial services firms are restructuring and downsizing, we continue to build wisely for the future.
To remain resilient for clients, we manage our firm responsibly and have taken important steps to ensure we remain ready to meet your financial needs in any environment.
- Revenues for 2022 were $2.8 billion.3
- Senior executives average nearly 25 years at Baird and are strong advocates for the important values on which the firm has built its reputation.
- Recognition as a workplace of choice for top industry talent continues to attract senior professionals and veteran Financial Advisors, demonstrating that our culture and business approach, valued by longtime associates, are also attractive to new hires.
- Baird was again very profitable in 2022, with operating income of $477 million.3
- Baird is well-capitalized, with net capital well in excess of regulatory requirement.
- We have been conservative in our use of debt, and we have significant unused bank commitments.
- In addition to Baird’s Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) coverage, Baird offers additional security with coverage in excess of SIPC limits through an insurance policy purchased through Lloyd’s of London. The Lloyd’s policy has an aggregate coverage limit of $250 million for all claims of Baird clients eligible for distributions under the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) and a sublimit of $1.9 million per customer for cash awaiting reinvestment.
Strong Perspective for You
In consultation with each other, our business leaders and market experts on three continents continually evaluate current and evolving conditions to ensure the Baird professionals serving you are equipped with our best perspectives, recommendations and advice at all times.
Baird's perspective on the latest financial and private wealth management issues.