Baird Gives Back 2020 Finds Success in Remote Format
Pandemic Shifts Annual Event to Socially Distanced, Two-Week Experience
MILWAUKEE (Nov. 30, 2020) – Each year during Baird Gives Back Week, Baird associates and their family members and friends come together to donate their time to volunteer in communities across the firm's global footprint. From October 15-30, Baird hosted its first-ever socially distanced Baird Gives Back to enable associates to maintain this well-loved tradition in a safe format.
- In this unprecedented year, more than 900 associates took part in Baird Gives Back, many along with family or friends;
- Associates participated across the globe, including in Frankfurt, London, Shanghai and 136 U.S. locations;
- Over 500 cards and more than 175 virtual notes were delivered through United Way card making efforts;
- For each associate who participated, a donation was made to four associate-selected agencies – Cristo Rey, Feeding America, Doctors Without Borders and National Alliance to End Homelessness.
"At Baird, we believe giving back isn't just the right thing to do – it's at the core of what it means to call a community home," said Steve Booth, Baird President and CEO. "I am deeply moved and proud of how associates embraced the socially distanced nature of Baird Gives Back 2020. We know how valued the firm's giving efforts are, and associates from around the world rose to the occasion."
Baird Gives Back, traditionally a week-long event, is organized each year by the Baird Gives Back Associate Resource Group (ARG), which is comprised of Baird associates who share a passion for volunteering. It is an extension of Baird's commitment to the communities in which its associates live and work, which is core to the firm's culture and brand. This commitment is a tradition built through the efforts of Baird Foundation, the firm as a whole and the community involvement of Baird associates. Baird also gives its associates two full paid days off annually to volunteer in their communities through the Baird Cares program.
The Baird Gives Back ARG's mission is to broaden and deepen associates' involvement in volunteer opportunities, career networking and advancement activities in their local communities. By working to further leverage and advance existing firm and business unit led activities while also developing select new efforts, this ARG strives to:
- Increase the percentage of Baird associates actively involved in the communities where we operate.
- Help focus the firm's resources on community involvement and networking activities most closely aligned with Baird's key strategic priorities.
- Contribute to the firm's recruiting and retention efforts by looking for ways to communicate and raise internal awareness around the difference that Baird associates are making.
- Build further external awareness of Baird, its people, capabilities and unique culture on a local, national and international level.
Learn more about Baird's community involvement here.
Putting clients first since 1919, Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, asset management, investment banking/capital markets, and private equity firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Baird has approximately 4,600 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients and more than $305 billion in client assets as of June 30, 2020. Committed to being a great workplace, Baird ranked No. 13 on the 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list. Baird is the marketing name of Baird Financial Group. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s investment banking and private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s website at www.rwbaird.com.
For additional information, contact:
Baird Public Relations