Special districts provide specialized services unique to the communities they serve. Encompassing multiple local government entities, these districts require focused expertise and long-term partners that understand the nuances within the services they provide. Baird brings decades of experience to such special districts as:
- Municipal utility districts
- Harbors and ports
- Park and recreation districts
- Fire protection districts
- Irrigation districts
- Library districts
- Municipal authorities such as water and sewer, utility, sanitation, electric power and gas
Our experts in special districts include a regionally recognized Texas Municipal Utility District/Special District advisory team with more than 80 years of combined experience as well as banking professionals serving issuers across the country. Combined with a No. 1- ranked underwriting desk that purchases more bonds than any other firm nationwide,1 Baird brings proven expertise to execute limited and unlimited general obligation and revenue bonds, COPs, direct loans, bank placements and other alternative revenue financings.
Baird’s services and role are customized to each client. This client-first approach offers such municipal advisory, underwriting and placement agent services as:
- Budget and capital finance planning analysis
- Bond election assistance
- Structuring or refinancing outstanding debt
- Developing credit rating analysis and presentations
- RFP solicitation
- Coordinating debt issuance process through publicly issued bonds or a private institution
- Continuing disclosure assistance
Contact us about how Baird can best serve your district.
Rankings data sourced by Ipreo MuniAnalytics, December 31, 2018.