Our experienced Sales & Trading team provides fixed income bond investment products, ideas, analysis and precision trade execution for institutional clients. Baird’s team includes tenured product specialists in investment-grade and high-yield corporate, municipal, government and agency securities and structured products.
Discover the Baird Difference
Why are more and more institutions turning to Baird Fixed Income? Because we built our business around the services and expertise you need most:
- Objective, high-quality bond research and ideas that are tailored to your unique needs
- A comprehensive platform covering all major fixed income products
- Specialized services like loan evaluation and securitized product analysis that are hard to find anywhere else
Most of all, institutions turn to Baird because we pride ourselves on doing business the right way – with transparency, partnership and a genuine interest in seeing you succeed. That’s how Baird has been doing fixed income business for more than 100 years.
Government and Agencies
- Averaged $1.5 billion in monthly trading volume in 2021
- Authorized to underwrite all major agencies
- Offers tenured trading and strategy/analysis support and ideas customized to our clients
High-Yield/Distressed Corporate Bonds
- Averaged $1.8 billion in monthly trading volume in 2021
- Operates under a unique “riskless principal execution” model, allowing us to remain focused on our clients rather than inventory
- Consists of 21 high-yield salespeople averaging 20 years in the business
- Five desk analysts focused on delivery quality, unbiased ideas and analysis to our clients
Investment Grade Corporate Bonds
- Averaged $3.0 billion in monthly trading volume in 2021
- Dedicated team of approximately 20 sales, trading and analytical specialists
- Invested in Market Axess to complement our trading capabilities
- Commits capital, providing liquidity to facilitate client transactions
- Ranked the No.1 municipal underwriter nationally on an annual basis since 2009, senior managing approximately 800–1,200 issues per year since 20171
- One of the largest specialized municipal platforms in the industry with tenured primary and secondary trading, sales, and analytical professionals
- Complemented by a national public finance team that has diverse sector expertise and serves issuers across the country
- Averaged $12.4 billion in monthly trading volume in 2021
- Dedicated team of approximately 30 sales, trading and analytical professionals
- Offers deep trading, strategy and analytical expertise including mortgage-backed securities, private financings, asset-backed securities, collateralized loan obligations and loan trading
- Filling the liquidity void, efficiently deploying capital in the securitized products sector
- Supporting lending institutions in meeting their liquidity needs
- Serving banks and credit unions, finance and insurance companies, mortgage brokers, funds and private investors
*Bloomberg as of December 31, 2021.
1Based on number of issues – sourced by Ipreo MuniAnalytics as of June 30, 2022. Does not include Private Placements or Notes.