Baird is an employee-owned, fully independent international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Combining deep expertise, long-term perspective and a belief that integrity is irreplaceable, we focus on achieving “Great outcomes. Done well.” for our individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
With Baird, you will find the way we do business is as important as the business we do. In addition to the deep expertise you need, we are dedicated to providing the honest communication, care and commitment you want at every step along the way.
- From 2004 - 2014, Baird has been recognized as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
- Baird has $105 billion in client assets as of June 30, 2013.
- Baird Financial Advisors have been recognized in Barron’s and other publications among the nation’s top financial advisors.1
- More than 110 research professionals produce top-ranked research on over 600 companies and are repeatedly well represented in top annual surveys, including The Wall Street Journal’s “Best on the Street” and Forbes.com and StarMine’s “Top Analysts” survey.
- Over the past 10 years, Baird has advised on over 620 M&A and financing transactions with a total value of $107 billion. Over the past five years, European and transatlantic assignments have accounted for approximately one-third of our M&A transactions.
- With operations in North America, Europe and Asia, our Private Equity business has raised and managed $2.6 billion in capital globally.
- During the past five years, we have served as manager or financial advisor for debt issues totaling $79 billion for municipalities, schools, government agencies and corporations.
Founded in 1919, Baird is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been a member of the New York Stock Exchange since 1948.
Based on capital, underwriting and M&A advisory activity, and the number of Financial Advisors and branch offices, Baird is one of the U.S.’s largest securities firms headquartered outside New York. We employ approximately 2,700 employees in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. We also have an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting our private equity operations.
With Baird Financial Group’s total capital2 of $703 million, Baird is well capitalized. The regulatory net capital of Robert W. Baird & Co. was $179.4 million as of Dec. 31, 2012, which means we have 45 times the minimum net capital requirement.
1 Select Financial Advisors recognized in Barron’s “Top 100 Financial Advisors,” “Top 100 Women Financial Advisors” and “The Top 1,000 Financial Advisors.” In addition, they have been named to Worth magazine’s “Top 250 Wealth Advisors,” and recognized in other national and regional publications.
2 Total Capital includes stockholders’ equity, consolidated subordinated debt and other consolidated debt having a maturity of at least one year.