As a Baird Client, you (and your tax preparer) may download your Baird Tax Statement (e.g., Forms 1099-DIV, -INT, -B, -MISC and -OID) directly into a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. The downloaded CSV file can be electronically transferred into most professional tax accounting software, thus eliminating the majority of the manual data entry and saving considerable time for you and your tax preparer.
To facilitate the CSV file download process, you need the Account number and the unique Document ID contained on your Baird 2014 Tax Statement. Please follow the instructions below to download your Baird Tax Statement data into a CSV file.
Note: Baird offers a separate service to import the Baird Tax Statement into TurboTax ® – click here for information.
Terms and ConditionsBy using the CSV file download you are agreeing to the Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc. Terms and Conditions.
Frequently Asked QuestionsThe answers to many frequently asked questions regarding the CSV file download can be found on the FAQs webpage. Additionally, you may contact Baird’s 1099 Help Line at 1-888-RWB-1099.
CSV File Download Instructions
- Prior to starting, you need the Account number and the unique Document ID contained on the Baird 2014 Tax Statement. The Account number and unique Document ID are located at the top of page 1 on the Baird Tax Statement.
- Access the following secure web site: https://taxdownload.wsc.com/csv-547.
- On the “Robert W. Baird & Co. Inc. – Tax Download” webpage:
a. Select the applicable Tax Year in the first drop down box.
b. Type in your Account number as displayed on the Baird Tax Statement
(note: if you have multiple accounts at Baird, you will need to download each account separately).
c. Type in the unique Document ID as displayed on the Baird Tax Statement.
d. Select the applicable File Type from the drop down box – CSV (note: if your Baird Tax Statement
contains numerous pages, there is an option to download your CSV file as a zip compressed file).
e. In the Enter code box, type in the visual code displayed on the screen. (Note: this random code
is used for authentication purposes.)
f. Click the [Download] button.
- Within the File Download dialog box, click the [Open] button. The CSV file will open in Excel (or in another compatible default program).
- Review the data found in the CSV file and compare it against the actual Baird Tax Statement to ensure there are no discrepancies.
a. For the Forms 1099-DIV, 1099-INT and 1099-MISC: the applicable IRS box totals will be downloaded1.
b. For the Forms 1099-OID: the applicable IRS box totals for each security will be downloaded1.
c. For the Forms 1099-B: each applicable detailed transaction will be downloaded.
- Save the CSV file to your computer using a unique file name (note: if you have multiple accounts at Baird, you will need to download each account separately and save each account with a different file name).
- Please refer to the instructions provided by your professional tax accounting software to complete the import process of the CSV file into your software.