Baird Foundation Statement of Purpose
“Baird Foundation supports nonprofit organizations aligned with our focus on education, health and human services, the arts and diversity. Our Foundation seeks to support organizations where our associates are actively engaged in order to maximize our impact on those organizations and our communities.”
|Giving back to the communities in which our associates and clients live and work has always been at the core of Baird’s culture. Baird Foundation provides direct support to nonprofit organizations in four strategic areas: education, health and human services, the arts and diversity. The Foundation and the firm also directly complement the efforts of Baird associates who donate thousands of hours of their time and energy, often in a leadership capacity, as well as lend financial support to a wide variety of charitable causes. The vast majority of Foundation grants are given to nonprofit organizations with which our associates are actively engaged, and the Baird Charitable Gift Matching Program matches a portion of associates’ personal contributions.
Baird Foundation Giving at a Glance
In addition, Baird further supports and recognizes associates’ community involvement through initiatives such as:
- From 1999 to today, the dollar value of grants given annually by Baird Foundation has more than tripled, from $800,000 to $2.6 million.
- Nearly 90% of Baird Foundation grants in 2011 were to state-specific nonprofit organizations.
- In total, 31% of all Baird Foundation gifts in 2011 supported diversity initiatives.
- "Baird Cares" provides associates with an extra paid day off each year to volunteer in their communities
- The Baird Gives Back Associate Resource Group and its Baird Gives Back Week, an annual event that brings associates and their family members together to volunteer their time
- The Brenton H. Rupple Citizenship Award, which is presented annually to a Baird associate who demonstrates an outstanding commitment to the community
View video highlights of Baird associates giving back to their communities.
Baird Foundation Annual Report
To learn more about Baird Foundation and our associates’ commitment to their communities, view the 2011 Baird Foundation Annual Report
. The report includes information about Baird Foundation and associate contributions in 2011, charitable giving guidelines and Foundation-supported nonprofit organizations that are making a difference.
Baird Foundation Helps Fund Research at Medical College of Wisconsin