Move to Finsbury Circus Accommodates Future Growth
LONDON, 31 October 2013
“Baird sees great opportunity in the London market and the rest of Europe as our global work on behalf of clients continues to grow,” said Paul Purcell, Baird Chairman, President & CEO. “This move is indicative of our ongoing efforts to invest in our business, expand our reach and capabilities, and provide a great work experience for our associates, all of which better serves our clients.” In the past five years, Baird has increased its global employment 22 percent while, during the same time, employment in the U.S. securities industry and U.K. financial industry decreased more than 4 percent and 13 percent respectively. Under the 15 year lease, Baird will occupy more than 15,260 square feet of flexible and efficient space in Finsbury Circus House, allowing for anticipated future growth in London.
David Silver, Baird’s Head of European Investment Banking, noted: “Baird’s European footprint is critically important to serving our clients globally. Our new office in the City will enable our investment banking, institutional equity sales and private equity businesses to continue delivering great outcomes for our clients and will ensure the strong growth of our business over the coming years.”
Patrick Spencer, Baird’s Head of Institutional Sales in London, added: “Our move to this new location reinforces our efforts to further raise Baird’s profile and will enable us to engage more efficiently with our local and international clients. Our business continues to grow and take market share and this move is another example of that momentum.” Baird’s London office provides investment banking, private equity and equity research services to institutions and corporations around the world. The employee-owned firm’s complementary businesses help diversify and balance revenue through all types of market conditions. Globally, Baird:
- Has posted an operating profit for 135 consecutive quarters (more than 33 years) and its stock value, including dividends, has grown nearly 220% since 2002;
- Realised its third consecutive year of record revenue in 2012;
- Has more than $100 billion in client assets;
- Opened 33 new offices between 2008 and 2012, plus several more this year;
- Advised on a record 157 financings and global M&A transactions in 2012 with a total value of $43 billion;
- Provides research on more than 700 stocks representing approximately 40% of total U.S. market cap;
- Raised and managed more than $2.9 billion in capital in its private equity business and made investments in more than 260 portfolio companies globally; and
- Has been recognised as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® 10 consecutive years, with 2013 marking its fifth straight year among the top 25.
Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than 2,900 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients. Baird has more than $100 billion in client assets. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 14 on FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2013 – its tenth consecutive year on the list. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s investment banking and private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s Web sites at rwbaird.com and bairdeurope.com.
For additional information contact: