Baird Financial Advisors Receive National, Regional Honors in 2009
MILWAUKEE, Dec. 30, 2009
Baird announced today that an unprecedented number of its Financial Advisors and Financial Advisor teams received national and regional honors in 2009 for being among the best in the financial services industry by Barron’s
and other leading national publications. Baird’s more than 650 Financial Advisors serve as personal wealth managers, developing customized financial strategies that address key concerns such as financial planning, asset allocation, tax management and wealth transfer.
“Baird is proud to have some of the most talented Financial Advisors in the industry,” said Mike Schroeder
, President of Private Wealth Management
. “These professionals and teams strive every day to deliver the best financial advice and service to our clients, and represent the very best of Baird. It is a testament to our culture, and to the continued growth and success of our Private Wealth Management business, that these outstanding individuals have chosen to build their careers with us.”
Financial Advisors and Financial Advisor teams recognized in 2009 include:
- The following Financial Advisors were recognized among the “Top 1,000 Advisors, State-by-State” in the Feb. 9 issue of Barron’s:
- Randy Beeman, Managing Director and Financial Advisor in Baird’s Reston, Va., office. Beeman, who is co-founder of the Wise Investor Group, ranked No. 1 in Virginia.
- Philip C. Dallman, Managing Director and Senior Investment Consultant in Baird’s Milwaukee office. He is a member of the Milwaukee Private Asset Management Group.
- Michael G. Klein, Managing Director and Financial Advisor in Baird’s Milwaukee office. He is a member of the Milwaukee Private Asset Management Group.
- John Mockovciak, Managing Director and Senior Investment Consultant in Baird’s Dallas office. He is a member of The Mockovciak Woolley Group.
- Gordon Owens, Senior Vice President and Financial Advisor in Baird’s Winter Park office. He is a member of The Owens Group.
- Glenn Pahnke, Managing Director and Senior Investment Consultant in Baird’s Scottsdale office. He is a member of The Pahnke Group.
- Randy Beeman and Michael G. Klein were named among the “Top 100 Financial Advisers” in the April 20 issue of Barron’s. This is Beeman’s first year on the list and Klein’s third.
- Randy Beeman was recognized in the June issue of Virginia Business, as being among the top 25 financial advisors in Virginia according to Barron’s “Top 1,000 Advisors, State-by-State” list.
- The Milwaukee Private Asset Management Group was recognized for a fifth consecutive year as one of the “Top-Ranked Advisor Teams in America” in the September issue of Research magazine. The team includes Managing Directors Michael G. Klein, Philip C. Dallman, Gerald L. Gerndt, and James A. Schultz, and Senior Analyst Kristin Lindblom, CFA. The team was also recognized as the top financial advisor team in Wisconsin on Barron’s Top Teams by State 2009 list.
- Brian W. Kurtz, Senior Vice President and Branch Manager of Baird’s Cleveland office, was named to Crain’s Cleveland Business’ “Forty Under 40: The Class of 2009” in the Nov. 30 issue.
- Michael Slaggie, Vice President and Senior Investment Consultant, in Baird’s LaCrosse, Wis., office was named one of “The Top 40 Advisors Under 40” in the December issue of On Wall Street magazine. In addition to Slaggie, Chris Calvelli, Senior Vice President and Senior Investment Consultant in Baird’s Milwaukee office, and Nancy Osmond, First Vice President and Financial Advisor in Baird’s Reston office, were recognized on a related list of the “Top 10 Regional Advisors.”
- Baird’s Phoenix and Scottsdale wealth management offices were recognized among the “2009 Best Places to Work” by the Phoenix Business Journal on Dec. 11. Baird has more than 45 associates between the two offices, which are led by Mark A. Peterson, Senior Vice President and Branch Manager.
Baird’s Private Wealth Management business continues to grow around the country. Baird added more than 100 Financial Advisors to its Private Wealth Management group in 2009, the vast majority of whom are industry veterans. Beyond adding talent, Baird also opened new Private Wealth Management offices in key markets including Winston-Salem
, Sacramento, Calif., Baltimore and Easton, Md., Philadelphia
, and Minnetonka, Minn.,
and announced plans to open offices in Charlotte
, San Francisco
Further reflecting the growth of the firm’s Private Wealth Management business, Baird ranked No. 33 out of 38 on Barron’s
annual list of the “Top Wealth Managers in the U.S.” in the Sept. 28 issue. Firms were ranked by assets under management for individual client accounts of $5 million or more as of June 30.
About Baird Private Wealth Management
Using a consultative approach, Baird’s more than 650 Financial Advisors deliver comprehensive wealth management solutions to clients nationwide. They have the resources to oversee the complete financial picture for high-net-worth families and individuals with complex financial needs. Baird Financial Advisors managed and oversaw more than $53 billion in client assets as of Sept. 30, 2009.
Leveraging a network of specialists, Baird Financial Advisors also work closely with business owners and corporate clients to address the specific needs of corporate executives, benefit coordinators and those in need of business transition planning.
Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has approximately 2,400 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients. Baird oversees and manages client assets of more than $73 billion. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked number 14 on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2009 – its sixth consecutive year on the list. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s Web site at www.rwbaird.com
For additional information contact:
Baird Public Relations