Baird's professional traders in equity securities and preferred stock help service our institutional clients in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
After an initial training period, you will be assigned to a specific trading desk and a trading specialty based on your experience, skills and interests. Eventually, you will be given the opportunity to trade stocks and other corporate securities. Traders form strong relationships with the trading staff of Baird's clients and develop relationships with members of the trading desks of the Wall Street firms.
Candidates for this position possess the following qualifications:
The Interview Process
- Two to three years of work experience
- Proven analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced degrees in finance or economics
- Previous exposure to investment banking, commercial banking or other financial service areas is helpful, but not required
Generally, the interview process consists of an initial screening interview, followed by three or more rounds of interviews with Institutional Sales and Trading and Research personnel. Group dinners or other social events are frequently part of the interview process.
Things to Consider Before You Interview
Be prepared to discuss the following:
- Why are your interested in an Institutional Sales & Trading position?
- What qualities do you possess that make you a good fit for this position?
- How do you feel about working in this type of environment? Will you thrive?
- What experiences show you are a team player?
- Do you think you would prosper in the Baird culture? Why?
- Are you comfortable working on relationship-building efforts most of your day?